Monday, July 23, 2007

Can We Say Productive?

What a weekend! So, I collected my sacred copy of HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS at Midnight on Friday, immediately read 100 pages before hitting the sack. Got up early on Saturday and drove to my DH's office at the college to get some quality quiet so I could finish the last chapter of my own WIP and totally revamp my synopsis. Achieved that goal. (Wahoo!) Returned home in time to take the family out for some Mexican dinner (no cooking for me!). Read a couple of chapters of HP to my son before immersing myself in the rest of it while he dreamed little dreams of broomsticks and horcruxes.

Woke up on Sunday and started reading, taking a break to finalize the synopsis and email it and the first chapter back to the contest. DH took care of dinner (What a guy! Brought me tea and bickies, too!)

1:00am--FINISHED HARRY POTTER!

Thank you Jo Rowling. I am satisfied and sufficiently gratified.

So what did everyone else do this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. What did I do? Nothing that compares to your busy weekend. I did bake some muffins Sat morning - and finished them Sunday evening for supper! :D

    I'm feeling like I soon need to bake me some whoopie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very productive. I can't wait to start HP. I'm still editing that manuscript. Arrg! I'll let you know when I finish HP. Maybe we can start a discussion on it. ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not in a big hurry to read HP. I'll read it when I go back to work. Right now I'm reading Clare Dunkle's book, The Hollow Kingdom. Fantastic! Next on my list is Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer, and then maybe The Book Thief. These days I need some escapism, although I did manage to finish Sara Zarr's book, The Story of a Girl -- pretty hard hitting realistic fiction but well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished HP on Saturday night (Sunday morning?) at around 3:30. I've now read it twice and I'm not ready to let go yet. I miss all the characters already.

    I can't believe it's all over. Darn. There I go crying again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda, I'm so glad you've come out of black-out mode. Yes, I cried--many times--and I'm not ready to let go either. I keep sneaking peeks back at particular passages. But I'll keep my fix going as I read a chapter or two to my son every night.

    Hey Leigh Ann--how about bringing over some of those whoopie pies!

    Aisha-- can't wait until you finish it. Although I'm not ready to talk a lot about it yet. It has to sit with me for a while.

    Stella--I'll add those to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive weekend. As you can see I'm way behind on the posts because I've been working and working and working. I'm in training today but will have to leave shortly because I have a meeting to go to and need to get my tire fixed before leaving for that. -- Glad you enjoyed it - My husband has a copy of the book and I have to wait until he gets home to read it - which will be Sunday when he returns but I doubt I'll get to read it for a while though (I'm sure my son will have his hands on it first) and I've got about 4 things on my TBR shelf for reviews and I'm not the type of person who can read multiple stories at once - I have to read one story through and then start something else - oh well so goes life) --

    Good luck with the synopsis - hope that link I sent you helped - E :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popping in to let you know I finished HP. It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to spammers, this blog is moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away. Thanks for stopping by!