Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Coming Up for Air!

Whew! Week one down, two more to go. I think I've read 400 pages of educational theory in the last week, as well as developing a comprehensive lesson plan and creating a power point presentation and answered several discussion questions and written summaries, and logged into thread discussions 100 times...{{pant...pant}} Good news is...I got an "A" on my first big assignment. I know, that shouldn't matter, but I can't help it. I can't stand to do a job halfway.

Today, I went into my class room and painted...not the walls...lovely watercolor pictures. Well, mine wasn't so lovely, but it sure felt good. One of my new colleagues gave us a class on painting so we can figure out how to do it with our kids. I'm feeling better about it all the time, though I have a ton to do.

But I'm still smiling because my book is done! I'm about to plunge back into my studies. My DH left tonight for Vermont where he will be attending a conference with few other colleagues from the college. He won't be back until Sunday...blah! I just hope my kids can deal with a scatter-brained mama for the next 5 days. My 10-year-old can handle anything, but my 6-year-old might need a little more attention.

Now...deep breath...diving back in....

{{{ SPLASH }}}

2 comments:

  1. Well, congratulations on a very productive week -- including getting your book done. I hope you'll be able to come up for air again soon.

    BTW, I still have those final HP chapters running through my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news - 10 year olds can babysit, sort of. Try paying the older one $2/hour or something for doing some "babysitting." I got my 11 year old son to babysit my 6 year old today for 3 hours while I got stuff done. The happier she was, the more he got paid. He took her to the park, played board games, had a tea party ... lots of fun and it kept her out of my hair.

    Might be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to spammers, this blog is moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away. Thanks for stopping by!